If you are a content writer, then this post is for you. The Ex-CEO of PepsiCo, Ms. Indra Nooyi, talks about being indispensable in the job market using the immigrant mindset. She has a strategy for content writers.
Do you know how it applies to you as a content writer?
In the fast-evolving digital marketing landscape, you have to evolve as a full-stack DigitalMarketer with expertise in SEO, SEM, Content Tools, Analytics (Google, Bing), Editing (grammar, facts, figures, backlinks+ CTA), Social Media, Video Editing, Design, and Branding.
Considering you are a beginner, let me briefly explain these skills.
- SEO: SEO is an acronym for search engine optimization. It refers to a collection of strategies to enhance the appearance and positioning of web pages in organic search results. Because organic search is the primary method people discover and access online material, an effective SEO strategy is critical for increasing the quality and number of visitors to your website.
- SEM: SEM (search engine marketing) is a digital marketing approach that aims to boost a website’s presence in search engine results pages (SERPs). While the phrase was previously used to refer to organic and paid search operations such as search engine optimization (SEO), it now solely refers to paid search advertising. Additionally, search engine marketing is referred to as paid search or pay per click (PPC).
- Content Tools: Your command of content marketing tools plays a significant role in determining your success as a content marketer. However, poring over the thousands of accessible content marketing tools might result in information overload. I’ve worked with over 41 content marketing tools, and they fall into a variety of categories to fulfill the diverse demands of a content marketer.
- Analytics: Search analytics study specific interactions between Web users, the search engine, and the content in search results. The study and consolidation of search engine statistics are utilized for search engine marketing and optimization.
- Editing: Content editing, also known as thorough Editing, macro editing, or heavy Editing, is a type of copy editing that assesses a document’s overall formatting, style, and content to enhance its visual design and readability.
- Social Media: Summarily, Social media is Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin. In business, social media managers converse, share information, and produce and schedule digital content. Social media comes in various formats, including blogs, microblogs, wikis, social networking sites, photo-sharing sites, instant messaging, video-sharing sites, podcasts, widgets, and virtual worlds.
- Video Editing: Modifying and rearranging video clips to create a new piece is known as video editing. It is a component of the post-production process; other post-production responsibilities include titling, color correction, sound mixing, and so on. Many people, especially in non-professional settings, use the term editing to describe their post-production labor.
- Design: A design is a blueprint for the creation of anything tangible, such as a prototype for a new product, an activity that can be carried out in practice, and so on. Design is a verb that expresses the process of creating a new product.
- Branding: Because of the total impact it has on your organization, branding is vitally critical to a corporation. Branding has the ability to impact how people view your company, drive new business, and raise brand value–but it can also have the opposite effect if done incorrectly or not at all.
That’s a lot?
Yes, so that’s the strategy for content writers. You have to be a master in all the above marketing trades. Plus, if you can learn Mandarin or German, you can top the game with professional security emerging successfully against the tough market.